Monday, January 27, 2014

Whaling Documentary

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWzSmbaAHHI
This is a link to a documentary that I made for our end of year project last semester. It focuses on three specific species of whales, giving the general facts about the whales and then discussing how whaling has affected each species. The majority of the time went into getting the information about each species and how whaling affected them. Then it was fairly simple to mold it into a script. I recorded myself reading the script using Garageband, and I exported the audio file to iTunes. Then I got videos and images from sources such as National Geographic, World Wildlife Foundation, and from YouTube and other websites. I cut out the parts of the videos that I could not use, and arranged the remaining clips so that they supported what I was saying. I then added the tracks of my recorded voice onto the movie and exported it to YouTube. It was not the most difficult process but it did take a lot of time, but it was definitely worth all of the work.

No comments:

Post a Comment